Running a computer business has been an amazing experience for me. It allowed me to take a temporary break from my background and training as a counselor, and to focus and sharpen my business skills as a sole proprietor. After six years of successfully developing and running the business, technology had evolved enough that it was time to transition back to counseling and psychotherapy; this time, in private practice. The skills I gained from my time as a business owner were critical for this, and I wouldn't change a thing.
Private practice makes more sense in your 40's than in your mid-20's. Returning to counseling and mental health has worked out extremely well, however it's taken a lot of focus and attention to develop. While I focus on a myriad of issues with patients, I typically end up working primarily on issues surrounding depression, anxiety, and relationship/marital issues. My biggest surprise? My counseling books now outnumber my technology books by 10 to 1.
My philosophy has always been that computer skills alone are not enough. You need someone with empathy, good communication and social skills. You should come away feeling confident that you understood pretty much everything we said. Above all, you should feel that you were treated with respect. Everything else is secondary.
From 2006 thru 2012, Iran Oregon Tech Support and provided Eugene/Springfield business owners computer repair, on-site service, troubleshooting and support. My background includes extensive experience with Windows, Macintosh & Linux, and the organizations that use them. Some of the principals that are important to me include being accessible, available and easy to talk to, taking ownership of the troubleshooting steps necessary to solve your support issues, providing you information in clear, “non-technobabble” English and following up with you promptly and professionally.
I am one of the few Eugene computer repair companies that are both bondable and insured and can provide a lengthy list of long-term satisfied clients as references. I am certified as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE) along with both Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certifications. All work is done directly; nothing is outsourced and all work is performed right here in Eugene.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact you?
Oregon Tech Support ran from 2006 thru 2012 and is no longer providing support services.
What Services Do you Provide
The majority of our business clients typically require network configuration, troubleshooting and long-term preparation for their technology needs.
Many things can affect a computer system. Often, what is suspected to be the cause tends to be just a symptom of the true underlying problem. My goal is to determine a cost-effective way to repair your computer without the loss of data. Given the costs of computers these days, it’s important to know your options in order to make an informed decision. These days, we focus and specialize primarily in Apple Macintosh computers.
Every year, over 30% of consumers will suffer from a hard drive crash: All your files, pictures and music can disappear in an instant. Rather than asking ourselves, "How did this happen," we need to focus on, "What should I do right away when my computer crashes?" A dying computer can be a ticking time-bomb; knowing what to do when it explodes can be a life saver.
What advice do you have for someone looking to hire an IT Consultant?
Review the consultant’s industry certifications; typically, they indicate that the provider has dedicated time and effort towards professionally earning their trade. Ask if they are insured and/or bonded; this is an absolute must for any professional IT consultant working in the industry. Both of these items are of high relevance as this is an unregulated industry and, therefore, relies on the provider to show and promote their dedication to the field. Last but not least, ask when they registered their business with the State of Oregon; there are too many “unofficial” consultants that are working under the table since the recession hit.
What should I know about the computer repair industry?
There is little or not state regulation for this industry; as a result, it’s important to research any consultant prior to hiring out. Go with your gut feeling, as you deserve to be treated with professionalism and respect.
What questions should I ask prior to hiring a technician?
You’ll want to ask the following of any potential consultant that you are considering hiring: Is your business licensed with the State of Oregon? What is your policy regarding data and confidentiality? Is your business insured and/or bonded? What is your current rating with the Better Business Bureau? Can you provide me your Employer Identification Number (EIN) for tax reporting purposes? How long have you been in business? Finally, do you provide a guarantee or warranty for your service?
Anything else I should know?
A computer business consultant’s role is to be your company's advocate. Their job is not to be a “take it or leave it” salesperson; this type of approach to any customer relationship is backwards. Above all, they should be concerned about how to best help you and your business. The best way to know that they value you is that they are interested in knowing about your business, about you and about what issues are of concern to you.
We place a lot of pride in making sure that our clients are satisfied.
- “The best! Oregon Tech Support is the only service I will use to fix my computer in Lane County!” – Christine Desermeaux, Nov 3rd
- “Oregon Tech Support rocks! They get the job done quickly and explain things in a manner that I can understand. From big problems to small, they’re always very helpful and courteous.” – Desi Skinner, Brigham Construction
- “Oregon Tech Support consistently provides us excellent follow-up and communication.” – Christina Howard
- “A good choice! I recommend Oregon Tech Support all the time!” – Rebecca Kelley, Mary Kay Cosmetics
- “Thank you for that! Oregon Tech Support gave a thorough explanation of what was done without making me feel lost or ignorant.” – Dorothy Vangsnes, Feb 1st
- “Thank You! I was very satisfied with the professional, efficient and timely quality of work. The data on my failed drive was recovered which gave me the peace of mind I needed.” – Karl Kurien, Nov 6th
- “I highly recommend Oregon Tech Support! I’ve been using a desktop computer in my Eugene business for years, and Oregon Tech Support is the best service I’ve ever had.” – Vince Puelo
- “David is very knowledgeable. He shows a lot of interest in solving the problem quickly and is persistent in resolving them.” – Marsha Nygren
- “Very friendly and professional! David explained the problems with my computer and my options for fixing it very clearly.” – Ashley Bailey, University of Oregon, Aug 28th
- “Our office upgrade went very smoothly. It didn’t disrupt my day at all!” – Dr. David Carlstrom, Jul 8th
- “You resolved our computer issues promptly and efficiently!” – Wendy Russell
- “Oregon Tech Support provides a great level of professional customer service. If needed, I will use their services again and recommend them to other professional practices.” – Shelley Thatcher, Dec 10th
- “I was impressed! Oregon Tech Support is a business that takes pride in their work. The service was prompt, info was up-front, agreements were kept and work was guaranteed.” – Victoria Texel
- “Fast and efficient! Oregon Tech Support turned a complex problem into a working computer.” – Tracy W.
- “Great communication skills, both verbally and written!” – Cheryl Danielson
- “Oregon Tech Support was very helpful, friendly and fixed the problem quickly and perfectly!” – Betsy Sedlak, University of Oregon
- “Efficient! You returned my call promptly, showed up on time and diagnosed my problems.” – Nick Perrott
- “You were a tremendous help! Your explanations were clear and presented with patience.” – Dianne Dilling
- “You were very professional and stayed with it until you were happy with the outcome.” – Jaye Stutz, Regional Rehab
- “I am extremely pleased with your quick response in taking care of my computer crisis.” – Stan Fleming, East West Medical
- “Thank you! You fixed our problem and more!” – Amy Bischof, Hybrid Real Estate
- “Professional and courteous! They explained the problems and solutions well.” – Steven Summerlight, Oct 10th
- “Very helpful and provided quick service. They were easy to talk to and returned my calls promptly!” – Katey Bugg, University of Oregon, Nov 15th
- “Courteous and kind! You take the time to be sure I do understand the problem and the solution! I’m not apprehensive about asking questions.” – Linda Barnhart
- “We shall call you again! You took us where we wanted to go without technical language that we don’t want to work with.” – Laurel & Don Fisher
- “I’d call them again! I give Oregon Tech Support my highest possible recommendation!” – Melody Ward Leslie
- “I received friendly service, they explained the basic steps of what they were trying to do and offered to give follow up advice.” – Eric Black, University of Oregon
- “You were prompt, easy to understand and work with!” – Eleanor Knapp, C&C Court Reporting
- “Oregon Tech Support has a high quality and degree of professionalism.” – Eugene Mountain Rescue
- “Great! Oregon Tech Support is prompt, knowledgeable and honest.” – Brad Smith, Sep 3rd
- “Very friendly! Oregon Tech Support explained things well!” – Diane H., University of Oregon
- “Thank you! It’s nice to be back up and running!” – Scott Mattie, Pharmacist
- “I appreciated being given a range of options, including instruction on how to address my problem on my own.” – Dr. Peter Bissonnette, Oct 19th
- “You performed your work in a timely manner. My laptop speed has improved tremendously!” – Bill Musser, LMT
- “You’re tops on my list! Thanks to the guys at Oregon Tech Support for letting me off the hook.” – John Allen, Oct 12th
- “Flexible and helpful! They completed the work very quickly and have continued to be very helpful in answering questions for me as well.” – Kaiara Christensen
- “I was happily surprised with my experience! I plan to use them for all my future computer needs!” – Lisa Simmons, Cheval Amour, Dec 15th
- “You were great! Very fast, convenient, friendly and helpful!” – Angela Jannelli, University of Oregon
- “Very professional! Oregon Tech Support is thorough, professional and friendly!” – Kathleen Dugan, LMT
- “Highly recommended! I have received positive reviews from everyone to whom I have recommended him.” – John Rose